It is 1:40am…guess what I just finished? These puppies:
After dinner I managed to take a 3hr pre-bed nap (as my Dad calls them), so I was wide awake at midnight. I’ve had some rapidly ripening bananas in my kitchen and Josh has been subtly hinting at banana bread for a few days. So, I spent the wee hours baking up these amazingly delicious Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins.
The recipe, as most of my recent favorites, originated from allrecipes.com (see the original here). This one however, I tweaked to make my own.
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
6 Tbsp. sugar + 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas
- splash of milk
- 3/4 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar(s), baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
- In another bowl combine egg, oil, sour cream (or yogurt), and vanilla
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until just combined
- Fold in bananas and chocolate chips
- Add a splash of milk if its looking too dry
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full
- Bake for 20-25 mins. or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for about 5 minutes and ENJOY!
These definitely make it onto my favorites list, Josh’s too! I’ve already eaten 4 and the rest don’t stand much of a chance of survival through tomorrow (err, I mean today?) Off to bed I go! :)
Full of chocolatelybananadeliciousness,