This. This is pretty much the most amazing thing I’ve ever made. That’s a bold statement, but I’m willing to risk it.
Reese’s Popcorn (idea found here, I couldn’t find the original source)
- Popcorn- I made stove-top (recipe below), but air-popped or microwaved will work too
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter and vanilla. Melt together. I used a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup and microwaved it for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
2. Put popcorn in a large bowl and pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over it. Using a spatula, mix to cover all of the popcorn with chocolate. If you’re making a mess with the spatula, take a second bowl, place upside down on top and shake to combine.
3. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and spread the popcorn out. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
4. ENJOY! (Try not to eat all of it before sharing with someone you love :) )
To make Popcorn:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Test heat by adding 3 kernels of corn and covering with lid. Your oil is hot enough when all 3 kernels have popped.
2 Add remaining popcorn, place lid on pot and shake. Shake for 3 seconds, let it rest for 3 seconds, shake for 3, rest for 3, etc. Keep shaking until you can count 3 seconds between pops.