Who can afford the prices of Anthropologie? Not this lady.
I’ve been looking for some art to put above our kitchen stove, and have been in love with these Zinc Letters from Anthropologie for a while. But at $18 a pop, there was no way I could justify buying more than one letter. Instead, I made my own 3 letter word for less than $10. Booyah!
Once again, Pinterest came through with some great ideas on how to make my own. I wish I could make $18 each on these things, cause they were easy peasy! Want to try this yourself?
- Paper mache letters
- Black acrylic paint
- Metallic pearl white paint (Folk Art brand works great)
- Picture hanging hardware
Step 1: Lay your letters out on newspaper.
- Paper mache letters: about $7 (with coupon)
- Black acrylic paint: already owned
- Metallic pearl white paint: $2 (with coupon)
- Picture hangers: already owned (but about $5 for a pack of 6)
- Grand Total: $9
Hope you have fun saving money and being crafty!
On a budget,