A few months ago, I took the plunge and began cutting gluten out of my diet. It has been the roughest yet most rewarding diet change I’ve ever made. Cutting gluten out has helped me immensely with migraines but sometimes I crave the stuff like nobody’s business. I love baking and have really missed being able to easily (and inexpensively) whip up a loaf of bread or batch of cookies. Well, I think I’ve finally found a good solution for my cookie cravings! And guess what…it only requires 3 ingredients, all of which you most likely have in your cupboard! These cookies are amazing, even if you don’t have to avoid gluten like the plague.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop the dough in teaspoon sized dollops.
- Place sheet in the freezer for about an hour. Remove from freezer and using a fork, flatten cookies.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Let cool completely on the pan and remove with a spatula.
This makes a pretty small batch, which is great for me because I may or may not be tempted to eat them all in one sitting. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you’d like. Hope you love these just as much as I do!
Thankful for cookies,