There is no denying it, fall is my most favorite season of them all (see what I did there?). I love the changing leaves. I love fall weddings. I love pumpkin. I love the cinnamony, spicy smells of fall. I love the sweaters and chilly weather. I love gearing up for the holidays. I love everything about it! What better way to bring some lovely fall smells and tastes to our home than to make some tasty applesauce? I just so happened to have a whole bunch of apples and a new Crock-Pot that I needed to break in. I made this recipe up as I went and lucked out with some delicious applesauce! Ready for the recipe? It’s SO easy!
- 8-10 medium apples, peeled, cored, and cut in chunks
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick + 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water or apple juice
- Place all of your ingredients in your crock-pot. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6.
- Once your apples have softened, remove from your crock-pot (careful, they’re HOT!). Stir to blend and mash with a spoon or blend with an immersion blender.
- Serve warm or refrigerate in a covered container.